- From the TdhNet.com Downloads page, click on the version you wish to download, TdhNet_win or TdhNet_linux. A google docs page will be displayed.
- Click on the the file name, TdhNet_win.zip or TdhNet_linux64.zip. A different google docs page will be displayed listing the contents of the zip file. Do not attempt to execute the setup or install file at this point. Download the zip file.
- Go to the directory where the downloaded zip file was placed.
- Double click on the file to open your archive manager.
For MS Windows:
- Extract the Setup file to the directory of your choice.
- Double click on the Setup file to begin the install process.
- The operating system and any virus protection software may give ominous warnings about running executable files, that is how they protect and justify themselves. If a message appears saying windows prevented an unrecognized app from starting, click on the "more info" text and then click "run anyway".
- Follow the prompts for installation. The default install directory is recommended but not required. If you have a previous version, install to the same directory (user data will not be lost).
- Extract the zip file to the directory of your choice (recommended: for first time installation, create a "TdhNet" directory in your "Home" directory).
- If you have a previous version, extract to the same directory (user data will not be lost).
- If the program does not start, you may need to add some standard libraries. In a terminal session, enter “sudo apt-get install libwxgtk3.0-0”.
- Open the ReadMe pdf file.